Looking for countless ways to experience four of the most fascinating European countries along the Lower Danube? Avalon’s Active & Discovery cruises present a diverse range of hands-on adventures that also engage your heart and mind throughout Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Croatia.
Our exciting menu of Classic, Discovery and Active excursions along the Lower Danube leads you off the beaten path and onto the winding bike paths, scenic hiking trails, and cultural and culinary avenues of the beautiful Balkans. Prepare to uncover the past and dive into the present in the most interactive ways. No other river cruise offers more elevating experiences on the Lower Danube than an Active & Discovery cruise.
Enjoy a little get-up-and-go on your cruising holiday when you:
- Get ready to gush on a guided walk through the beautiful eco-patch up to Kroushuna Waterfalls.
- Hike through the famous Belogradchik rock formations resembling people and animals in the Balkan mountain range.
- Pedal from WWII to today on a historic bicycling tour through the waterfront capital of Belgrade.
And Be Moved.
Get off the beaten path and relish the world when you:
- Feast on a foodie tour of Romanian cuisine – a perfect mix of Balkan, Ottoman, French and Russian influences.
- Celebrate the comeback of Bulgarian wines post-communism with a music-accompanied winery tour and tasting.
- Taste local honey specialties at the Museum of Beekeeping while learning about Serbia’s sweet beekeeping profession.
Plus, Classic sightseeing is always available in every port along the way.
Activate your senses and discover a world of wonder in all-new, entirely “you” ways on your personal, passion-packed cruise along the Lower Danube.